So, is there anybody who is as excited as we are at D9ty7stories about the upcoming Ake Arts & Book Festival? The 2017 edition is billed to take place in the ancient city of Abeokuta, the Capital of Ogun state, SW Nigeria.
The Ake festival is an annual event and the theme of this year’s edition is This F-word. Ake Arts and Book festival 2017 is the 5th edition.
• Book chat; Ama Ata Aidoo will tell us about her life, accomplishments and works. The event will be hosted by her daughter, popular literary blogger, Kinna Likimani. Such a rare treat!
• Palmwine and Poetry evening; Somali-American poet Ladan Osman, South Africa’s Koleka Putuma, Poetra Asantewa from Ghana, Wana Udobang and Mariam Bukar Hassan from Nigeria will thrill us with their magical performances.
• Art Exhibitions; This year’s art exhibition will feature the works of 5 incredible Nigerian women whose work will focus on ‘The Female Form’.
• Film Screening; We have selected Stand Down Soldier directed and produced by Jeryl Prescott Sales as the Film of the Festival.
• Drama; This year, Ake Festival is bringing Quarter Life Crisis, a one woman play by London based Actor and Playwright Yolanda Mercy.
• Concert; What a perfect way to cap a wonderful experience.
VENUE: Arts and Cultural Centre, Kuto, Abeokuta.
DATE: 14th-18thNovember 2017.
The Ake Arts & Book Festival is one event you don’t want to miss of you are a Arts enthusiast.
Stay tunes for the part 2 of this post where we bring to you the list of invited guests.
For inquiries on how to pick up tickets, drop your questions in the comment box below.